Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Heartthrob Daniel Henney Confesses Early Sins



With short hair and jeans instead of a suit, Daniel Henney looks relaxed and approachable. The man who in just two dramas -- “My Name is Kim Sam-soon” and “Spring Waltz” -- captured the hearts of millions of Korean women is now promoting his first feature film, “Seducing Mr. Robin,” which is released on Dec.7. The Chosun Ilbo spoke to the 28-year old.

Don’t you think that you are playing on women’s fantasies a little too much? In this movie, your character is a Harvard graduate and CEO of a foreign company.

“It’s a misunderstanding. Having read the screenplay, I thought he was such an ass. Too cold and stubborn. Later in the movie, a little human touch is added to the character, but the part is different than my previous roles, which were more warm-hearted.

Your fans praise your gentleness and sweetness, best represented in your smile
.

“Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, everybody has two sides: good and bad. I showed my true self through Henry in ‘My Name is Kim Sam-soon’, but I showed only my good side.”

What kind of guy is the rest of you?

“When I played basketball in college, I used to be a greedy player. I only thought about winning. I didn’t go so far as to take steroids, but I went on a protein diet to build up muscle, and got all the way up to 220 pounds (around 110 kg). When I was a high school student, I threw eggs at school buses for no reason. I was the captain of my basketball team, but I ended up getting a seven-game suspension. It was a time when I was full of dissatisfaction and greed.”

read more

No comments: