Saturday, March 22, 2008

New Attitude for Actor Kwon Sang-woo

March is usually a downtime for movies, but not this year. Hallyu's well-known Song Seung-heon and Kwon Sang-woo star in "Fate," and it's gaining attention from Korean fans as well as those abroad.

Fans should be prepared for Kwon's transformation in character. He curses, he's vile and he's vicious. He doesn't even blink an eye when he stabs another character in the hand with a broken beer bottle.

"At first, I was very worried about all the swearing, especially because my mother and her friends were coming to the premiere. But after she watched the movie, she told me my character didn't seem like a bad guy because I was playing him! Actually, many people said that so I guess I'm okay... 'Chul-joong' isn't completely bad."

Kwon is already 32 years old. He has become more of a society figure than one of celebrity status. The actor is a veteran in his own right and he spoke today with easy candor. "I shot the movie at a hard time in my life.

When I got really stressed, I would scream and curse on-set. It was great stress release!"

Kwon also admitted, "Now that I'm older, I don't really need anything else. I just want people to see me as 'Actor Kwon Sang-woo'... It's most important that you enjoy what you do and that means acting for me. I guess I'm finally beginning to grow up!"

source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/entertainment...

Tags: ///

No comments: