Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jeon Do-yeon Returns to Screen in Risque Role



Cannes-award winning actress Jeon Do-yeon made a return to cinema with "The Housemaid" after more than two years of absence. Since her 2008 film "My Dear Enemy," Jeon took maternity leave from the film industry, but now she is ready to face the audience again with the erotic thriller to be released on May 13.

The film is a remake of 1960 film of the same title by the late director Kim Ki-young. In the press conference held on Tuesday, Jeon shared her story of how she had to endure two months of physically demanding action ranging from sex scenes to wire-stunt scenes.

"While shooting the film, I was reluctant to continue at times because of the nude scenes," Jeon says. "But my family gave me huge encouragement. My husband did not want me to change what roles I choose just because I'm married and cheered me on. I was very grateful for his encouragement and support."


Poster of The Housemaid

The new "Housemaid" is directed by Im Sang-soo, who is known for his unconventional portrayal of sex in films like "Tears," "Girls' Night Out," and "A Good Lawyer's Wife." In the film, according to Jeon, "There will be not only the joy of watching but also listening."

Im said, "The plot is the same as the original, but you'll be able to see a big difference in the depths of expressiveness of actors and images." He added, "It's my first time shooting a film with such a star-studded cast. That reflects how ambitious I was about this project. Enjoy watching it. I leave it to your judgment. I'd love to shock the audience with the film."

Meanwhile, Jeon will tread the red carpet again at this year's Cannes Film Festival on May 12 to 23 as "The Housemaid" has been invited to the main section.

Credit: englishnews@chosun.com

source : Chosun

No comments: