Thursday, April 08, 2010

Mother [ Korean Movie 2009 ]



Genre : Drama

Starring : Kim Hye-ja, Won Bin

Release date : May 28, 2009

Runtime :128 min.

Directed by :
Jo Geun-Sik

Synopsis:

Widowed for a long time, a mother lives alone with her only son. He is 28 years old, a shy and quiet young man. In the aftermath of a terrible murder, the woman’s hope- less, helpless son becomes the prime suspect. There is no real evidence against him, but the police throw groundless suspicion at him. Eager to close the case, the police are happy with their cursory investigation and arrest the boy. His defense attorney turns out to be in- competent and unreliable. Faced with no other choice, his mother gets involved, determined to prove her son’s innocence. [source: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr]

Gallery:







3 comments:

Kerryoke68 said...

I think this will be a five hanky but it looks fantastic. I am a mom so I know it will hit home. I like that actor. He was so good in "Autumn Tale".

cinematheque said...

I love Bong Joon-ho but only recently heard of this film. I think the guy can turn his hand to anything so I can't wait to see it. The UK is a little behind it seems.

I did a kind of intro to recent popular Korean film in a local magazine blog. Have a look if you get the chance.

http://cinematheque.leithermagazine.com/2010/04/20/article-cinema-below-the-39th-parallel/

Sunny Side-Up said...

This movie was pretty interesting. I really liked how the beginning tied with the end. Won Bin is a wonderful actor and the main female lead was great as well.